Confirmation brings an increase and deepening of baptismal grace:
- it roots us more deeply in the divine filiation which makes us cry, "Abba! Father!"
- it unites us more firmly to Christ
- it increases the gifts of the Holy Spirit in us
- it renders our bond with the Church more perfect
- it gives us a special strength of the Holy Spirit to spread and defend the faith by word and action as true witnesses of Christ, to confess the name of Christ boldly, and never to be ashamed of the Cross
Confirmation for Adults
The Sacrament of Confirmation is one of the Sacraments of Initiation: Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist. If you are baptized and have received your First Eucharist but have not yet been confirmed, you may want to prepare for the Sacrament of Confirmation.
The goals preparing candidates for Confirmation are:
To develop a deeper understanding, appreciation and active participation in the Eucharist.
To understand the major symbols of the sacrament and their meaning: laying on of hands and anointing with sacred chrism.
To foster personal spiritual growth as well as participate in communal worship.
To encourage a sense of discipleship and life of service both within the parish community and the wider community.
Adults seeking to be confirmed should contact Yolanda Toulet – firstname.lastname@example.org or the parish office.